Shute Hill, TQ14
For Sale: £350,000
SITUATION These beautiful newly converted barns are "tucked away" and yet conveniently set within the heart of the highly desirable village of Bishopsteignton which is is set above and beside the beautiful Teign Estuary around 2-miles from the seaside town on Teignmouth. There are many local amenities to include a Post Office, a village shop, chemist, garden centre, two churches, a village hall, community centre, doctors' surgery, public house, local real ale brewery, a vineyard with cafe and the Cockhaven Inn.
Good nearby educational facilities include a well-regarded primary school in the village, an easy walk away from Oak and Ash Barns, a community college in Teignmouth, along with Trinity School offering private education at primary and secondary level and the renowned Grammar Schools in Torquay.
Teignmouth has a promenade with a classic Georgian Crescent, a sandy beach and a wide range of shops and amenities to include a Waitrose store, various independent cafes and restaurants and a recently opened theatre.
The estuary offers good boating opportunities and Teignmouth golf course is only 2-miles away, set on the hills above the town and village. For walking, the wonderful south west coast path is accessible from Teignmouth and Dartmoor is accessible via Bovey Tracey, around 8-miles away.
Good accessibility is enjoyed to the A380, making for a fast commute to the Cathedral City of Exeter with its international airport, Red Brick university and the M5 beyond. Teignmouth also has a mainline rail link to London Paddington.
OAK & ASH BARNS These attractive new semi-detached barn conversions have lovely external aesthetics with larch clad and stone elevations beneath slate roofs. The entrances are characterised by terraces and feature sand stone columns. The beautiful oak and part glazed entrance doors open to the welcoming open-plan reception areas with wonderful turning stairs having oak balustrades and cloakrooms. These reception areas free-flow into the sitting rooms with double glazed French doors opening onto the front terraces with good views towards the rolling hills on the fringes of the village. The kitchen/dining rooms are spacious and offer plenty of space for a large table and chairs and have French doors from the dining areas opening to the south-west facing back gardens. The attractive high-gloss kitchens are comprehensively fitted with a good range of integrated appliances. To the first floor the landings have oak panel doors to the first floor rooms; there are light tunnels and access to the lofts, which have power and light. The master bedroom suites have features timber framed mullion-style double glazed windows and large skylights, affording country views. There are also good quality En suite shower rooms to the master bedrooms. There are two further well-proportioned bedrooms in both properties and surprisingly large and luxurious bathrooms with 4-piece suites, having large showers and free standing baths.
OUTSIDE To the front of the properties the large open-plan gardens will be laid to lawn, paths and terraces with two parking spaces. The outside spaces at the front will provide pleasant areas to enjoy the morning sun, being sheltered and with views towards the hills on the edge of the village. To the rear the attractive south-west facing gardens are enclosed by fencing and walling and enjoy a good degree of privacy as well as having paved limestone terraces and lawns and external power points. There are also outside lights to the rear of the properties.
*Fitted appliances to include built-in single oven, electric hob with stainless steel spashback and stainless steel cooker hood.* Integrated dishwasher. * Stainless steel 1 and a half bowl sink with contemporary mixer tap. * High gloss cupboard and drawer fronts. * Soft close doors and drawers * Laminate worktop with matching upstand.* Laminate flooring * * Large separate Cupboard / connection for own tumble dryer and washing machine. *
* large basin with vanity unit and de misting mirror light above * large freestanding Bath with chrome filler * Pan and cistern with soft close seat * Heated chrome towel rail
* Large shower cubicle with rainfall shower head * Rhino Cushion flooring.*
* Low profile shower tray * Basin/toilet vanity unit chrome mixer tap ** Shower with bifold glass door and thermostatic valve * De-misting mirror *rainfall shower * Heated towel rail * Rhino Cushion flooring *
CLOAKROOMS *Sink and soft close toilet *Small under stairs cupboard *
* walls decorated in neutral colours * Satin finish to pencil skirting and architrave * Stylish oak internal doors with chrome fittings * Ceilings smooth plastered * Mains operated smoke detectors *Oak finished staircase *Light tunnel in upstairs hall *Satin crime light switches and plugs *
FLOORING *Cushion flooring to all bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms * Laminate to ground floor and carpet to stairs and first floor rooms *
HEATING & LIGHTING
* Downlights throughout the kitchen area * Downlights in bathroom and en-suite * Pendant lighting in lounge* Pendant lighting in bedrooms * External light to front door * Full gas central heating * Gas fired boiler with digital smart timer and remote operated thermostat* TV points in living room, kitchen/dining room and some bedrooms * Telephone point to living room and master bedroom * Ethernet plugs to sitting room bedroom and kitchen *
* Oak front door with stainless steel ironmongery * High quality bespoke softwood double glazed windows and patio doors to front and rear * Outside power point to rear * Housing for recycling bins * Exterior grey limestone patio to rear * Boundary fences * Lawned areas seeded or turfed *Parking for two cars *
BEDROOMS *Supplied with Ethernet points.
Share This Property
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Reception
- BEAUTIFULLY APPOINTED BARN CONVERSION
- TUCKED AWAY BUT SET CLOSE TO THE HEART OF THE VILLAGE
- SITTING ROOM OPENING TO THE TERRACE AND CLOAKROOM
- BEAUTIFULLY APPOINTED AND FULLY FITTED KITCHEN BREAKFAST ROOM
- THREE BEDROOMS MASTER EN SUITE SHOWER
- LUXURY 4 PIECE BATHROOM
- TWO PARKING SPACES
- GOOD SIZE FRONT GARDEN
- SOUTH WEST FACING REAR GARDEN